Fish, rice, and spinach
Same as Miso soup recipe I wrote this down ages ago but only got round to posting it now.
- Fish さかな. Sardines,
- Spinach こまつな
- 80cc water みず
- 20cc Soy source
- 30cc Sake
- 20cc mirin みりん
- 2 spoonfuls of sugar さとう
- 1 piece of kitchen roll
- Chop roots off and wash.
- Add salt to water.
- Add to boiling water for about a minute.
- Remove and put spinach in a bowl of cold water.
- Wash and de-scale fish.
- Remove head and cut away organs. Wash again.
- Add water, soy source, sake, mirin, and sugar to a pan and bring to boil.
- Add some chopped ginger.
- Add fish and place kitchen roll in pan to act like a lid.
- Leave to cook for 10 - 15 mins. Make sure liquid does not boil away.
- Add one cup of rice to rice cooker
- Add water up until internal line which says 1.
- Turn on and leave to cook for about 45mins.